Ph.D: University of Nottingham, UK, 2001
M.Sc: Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1997
B.Sc: Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1985
Field of Specialization
Nutrition / Nutritional Biochemistry
Major research interests are in the area of fat and fatty acid content in the diet and their consequent effects on health:
- Working with animal models to investigate the effects of different dietary fatty acids and dietary cholesterol on plasma lipoprotein metabolism.
- To investigate the mechanisms whereby dietary fatty acids influence the lipoprotein pathways and the role of the liver in regulating lipoprotein metabolism.
- Interested in the control of assembly and secretion of chylomicrons and very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL), and the partitioning of fatty acids, of different chain lengths and degree of unsaturation, into different metabolic pathways in the liver.
- Interested in the fatty acid pattern of the infant formula in relative to the breast milk model, and the effect of maternal diet on fat and fatty acid composition of the breast milk.
- Analysis and determination of nutrient composition of local edible fish in The Arabian Gulf as well as of local cultured fish.
- Biological recycling approach for shell waste of the crustacean species in The Arabian Gulf; extraction of chitin and protein content.
- Exploring the biochemical effects of Camel milk on animal model and human.
- To perform a series of nutritional surveillance studies to assess the nutritional and health status of different populations in Kuwait.
- Fundamentals and principals of Biochemistry.
- The science and applications of human nutrition.
- Biochemical and physiological aspects of human nutrition (Nutrition and Human Metabolism).
- Nutrition in health and disease (Clinical Human Nutrition).
- Exercise physiology and nutrition.
- Dairy products in human health and nutrition.
- Biochemical aspects of food chemistry and food processing.
- Principles and techniques of food analysis.
- Principles and techniques of practical biochemistry.
- Fundamentals and principals of clinical biochemistry in diagnosis and treatment.